Read this story, then ask yourself these questions:
- Why did the boy have a gun in his backpack?
- Why was the boy bringing the gun to school?
- Why would all Columbus schools cancel classes because of one episode at one grade school?
- What actions did the police take with the mother?
- Why did the reporter not think to ask these questions?
- Who thought it was a good idea to report Ms. Kim Bell’s thoughts, despite the fact her comment is patently false? (read the quote: “It’s not a school a kid would bring a gun to,” is foolish, ignorant, and asinine, since a kid brought a gun to the school despite her inane assertion.)
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – mainstream broadcast news is either so far out of touch with reality their reports are useless, or biased so far to the left or right (unconsciously or not) they alienate two thirds of the population with every syllable. Do your own news research – get a good RSS reader (like KlipFolio, which I use), or a good search engine (I use Google News Search in KlipFolio), and find the news that matters to you.