Monday, June 25, 2007

New law puts U.S. flag, federal documents on display in every classroom

Wow, I'm not sure how I feel about this.  On one hand, I don't think force or legislation is the answer to any problem, but the cause of more.  On the other hand, how is having the Constitution and Bill of Rights available in a classroom anything but good?  I'm hoping some student will read it and have these same kinds of doubts and thoughts - maybe a classroom discussion will be started and then quickly clamped down by an overzealous teacher, but at least the seed is there.

I'm hoping those of you who homeschool have the Constitution available to your kids - if not, head to the Cato Institute to get a copy sent to you.

New law puts U.S. flag, federal documents on display in every classroom

No comments: